Support for Dance Teachers
As the UK is gradually edging out of its lockdowns, there are still many instances of support available for dance teachers and their businesses. The UK government put together this guidance for employers, employees and businesses on COVID-19.
They have also put in place a range of financial support, including but not limited to:
- HMRC opened a tax helpline to support people concerned about not being able to pay their tax due to coronavirus. The government announced a one-year delay to 6 April 2021 for the roll-out of off-payroll working rules known as IR35.
- The Recovery Loan Scheme supports access to finance for businesses as they grow and recover from COVID-19. The scheme will launch on 6 April.
- The Bounce Back Loan Scheme enables smaller businesses to access finance more quickly, open for applications until 31 March.
- The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme Grant will provide a taxable grant calculated at 80% of three months’ average profits. You can claim from late April until 31 May.
- You can also apply for Universal Credit or New Style Employment and Support Allowance, if you have a disability or health condition that affects how much you can work.
- For the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, find out how to claim, who is eligible and how to contact HMRC.
- You can also find out more and apply for a Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme or you may be able to negotiate a mortgage payment holiday
- You may also be eligible for a National Restrictions or a Local Restrictions Support Grant, or a Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment. There is also an Additional Restrictions Grant and Business Rates Relief.
Business and Finance Advice
- Advice and guidance for Small Businesses and the Self Employed
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Advice for Employers and Employees
- Teachers in the UK can visit Citizens Advice for information on benefits you may be entitled to.
- The Dance Professionals Fund also has grants open for application.
Creative Solutions and Marketing
- Facebook for Business offers a cash grants scheme for small businesses.
- Creative Industries Federation is offering four months free membership to freelance arts workers.
- Arts Council England’s tech champions are available to help organisations with one-to-one support for working and collaborating remotely, and maximising your website offer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Also there is the Recovery Loan Scheme for organisations and individuals.
Mental health and wellbeing
If you are teaching remotely, Sage Publishing have shared resources to help support you, and One Dance UK want to ensure teachers are looking after their health and wellbeing so have shared a guide for dance teachers.