We are one of the largest dancewear suppliers in the world. We have a reputation for quality products and great services and so that we can provide you with our website, services and products we may need to collect personal information about you.
- What personal information we collect about you when you use the Website
- How we use your personal information
- Who we may share your personal information with
- Any transfer of personal information outside of the EEA
- How long we keep your personal information
- What we do to protect your personal information
- What choices you have in relation to your personal information
This website is owned and operated by International Dance Supply LTD (IDS). Our registered address is Harlequin House, Forde Court, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 4BT.
We would welcome any comments or queries you may have about this website or how we deal with your personal information. You can contact us at email@example.com.
We last updated this Privacy Statement in April 2019.
Personal Information we collect about you
What information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you:
- your name and address and name of your dance school or company
- your contact details including email address and telephone number
- the contact details of your dance school or company
- what kind of products you are interested in
- details of products we have provided to you in the past
- your payment details (including bank account, credit card details, billing and delivery addresses)
- information you provide to us if you enter a competition to model for us
- information you provide to us if you complete a survey
- information you submit if you use our online chat service
- details of visits to our website and the pages that you viewed.
We collect information about you in two different ways:
- Identifiable information – this is information that allows us to identify you such as name and email address, telephone number etc
Personal Information you give us
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- Create an account
- Purchase goods from us
- Fill in an enquiry form
- Contact us by email or post
- Contact us by telephone
- Contact us via online chat
- Enter a competition
- Complete a survey
Personal Information we collect automatically
When you visit our website or use our services, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
- Your IP address (the name your computer used to identify itself to you)
- The number of times you visited our website
- The pages that you visit
Personal Information we collect from other sources
We work with a number of other organisations such as payment processing companies, credit reference agencies, internet search engines, marketing organisations and cookie providers who may provide us with information about you.
We may collect personal information from the following organisations:
- Google Analytics
- Social Media Cookies and Plug ins – Facebook, Twitter
- Payment Provider Cookies – for anti-fraud purposes
How we use your Personal Information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- to provide you with the products you have asked for
- to provide you with the services you have asked for
- to allow you to set up an online dancewear shop via www.mydancestore.co.uk
- to allow you to sell products to students of your dance school
- to send you marketing materials (if you have agreed to this)
- to contact you about a request you may have made
- to process your payment
- to fulfil any contracts you have entered into with us
- to analyse and tailor the products that we offer to you with your needs and interests
- to comply with any legal obligation (such as tax laws) or as otherwise required by law or regulation
- to prevent and detect fraud
- to tell you about changes to our services or website
- to help us develop the website and make it better for all users
- to get your feedback on our website and services
- to administer our website (such as troubleshooting, data analysis, research)
- to keep our website safe and secure
Our legal basis for using your information
The law only allows us to use your personal information in certain limited circumstances. We have listed these below and what information they allow us to process.
1.) Where you have consented to us using your personal information
When you submit information to us on our website to ask us a question or request further information about our products, we will process that information in order to comply with your request for further information.
If you ask us to open a customer account for you, we will use your information to provide you with an account which can also be used on our other website www.mydancestore.co.uk.
We will ask for you consent if you fill in one of our surveys, enter a competition/audition to appear in our catalogue or website.
2.) Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you
Examples of how we may use your information in order to comply with a contract that we have entered into with you:
- to provide the goods you have requested
- to provide the services you have requested
- to provide you with a catalogue with our most up to date prices
- to tell you about changes to our website or our services
- to help us (or our software developers) improve the website
3.) Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests
We may provide you with marketing information (via email) about our own products and services similar to those that you have purchased or enquired about (unless you tell us to stop).
4.) Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
Examples of how we may use your information to fulfil a legal obligation
Keeping records for tax purposes
We may provide you with information about our products, services, special offers, and other news where we feel these may interest you but only where you have not told us to stop.
We may use your information for market research and analysis so that we can ensure that we tailor our offers to your likes and needs.
Depending on what contact information you have given to us, we may contact you by phone, including calls, pre-recorded messages and texts, as well as emails or post. We will only do this where you have consented to receiving such information from us.
You can opt out of such marketing at any time and If you wish to do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 Companies Act 2006.
Other third parties
We may share your information with certain other third parties including:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 Companies Act 2006 for marketing communications and where these companies assist us in providing services or otherwise administering our group operations
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Our website providers who need to see your information in order to keep our website up and running
- Analytics and search engine providers who analyse information about your use of our website and help us to tailor the product and offers that we offer to you and other users
We work with the following organisations:
- Amazon AWS - Cloud data storage services (www.amazon.com)
- Microsoft 365 –Email and Microsoft Applications, including PowerBI (www.microsoft.com)
- Khaos Control
- Sage Pay
- Google Analytics
Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell our business in which case the personal information that we hold will be part of the transferred assets
Third Party Privacy Policies
Where we store your Personal Information
Storage of Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that our suppliers have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse. All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party located in the EEA.
All third parties who provide services or software to us are required to sign a contract requiring them to have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse.
Retention of information
We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information.
We have a retention policy which lays down timescales for the retention of information. Customer retention periods can be found below:
Type of Documents
Description of Document
Name and contact details of people expressing interest in our goods or services
3 years from last order or interaction .
Name and contact details of all customers including emails, addresses and payment information
7 years after last order.
If you chose to send us information via email, we cannot guarantee the security of this information until it is delivered to us.
Access to information
You have the right to access information that we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of the information that we hold, please contact at email@example.com or write to us at the address above
Changing or deleting your information
You can ask us at any time to change, amend or delete the information that we hold about you or ask us not to contact you with any further marketing information. You can also ask us to restrict the information that we process about you.
You can request that we change, amend, delete your information or restrict our processing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to prevent Automated decision making
You have a right to ask us to stop any automated decision making. We do not intentionally carry out such activities, but if you do have any questions or concerns we would be happy to discuss them with you and you can contact us at email@example.com.
Transferring Personal Information
You have the right to request that your personal information is transferred by us to another organisation (this is called “data portability”). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of what you would like us to do and we will try our best to comply with your request. If may not be technically feasible, but we will work with you to try and find a solution.
If you have been through the internal complaints procedure and are still not happy with the result, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted as follows:
Website: www.ico.org.uk Telephone: 03031231113
Address: Information Commissioners Office
How to Contact us